Watch this tutorial on how to connect/pair your mobile phone to your BMW via Bluetooth on the idrive. Our BMW Product Genius Dave Henn will guide you through connecting your mobile phone via Bluetooth to your BMW.
1. Turn on ignition
2. Using idrive controller, scroll to ‘Telephone’ and select this option
3. Go to ‘Bluetooth Devices’ and then select ‘Add new device’.
4. On your mobile phone make sure Bluetooth is activated and proceed to search for devices on your mobile.
5. Your mobile will then find the BMW and it will appear as a device name such as ‘BMW 1010101’
6. Select the new device on your mobile and this will pair the devices together, make sure to accept any security warnings on your phone and select ‘dont ask again’ so that it automatically connects every time you get in and out of the car.
7. A message will then appear on your BMW screen asking to confirm connection and you can select if you want to use audio streaming as well as telephone. Once you are happy with your selection, simply click ‘ok’.
8. Your phone is now connected and your phone book will transfer across to your BMW.
Please note: All mobile phones will have a slightly different setup from the one shown in the website. Not all BMW’s are capable of audio streaming; this is dependant on specific options in your vehicle.
If you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us on the given details at the end of the video.